Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Western Adventure Tour Begins

July 26, 2007 After six months of thinking about it, three months of planning it, six weeks of sweating it, and the last two weeks of feeling like I was in some kind of left-brained marathan to juggle details of places, people, events, times, publicity materials, and so on; after six months of thinking about it, two weeks of organizing in my head, two days of frantically nailing down all the details of what I would take with me on the road . . . it all came together yesterday morning when I waltzed out of Bloomington at 7 am (make that 7:15 am) and forgot my jasmine tea. Three blocks later, remembered tea, turned around.

Imagine me in my new little (used) black Prius ("Ebony" is her name) and new iphone recently loaded with all sorts of contact info, tootling down I70 towards Kansas City for first night stop with old friend from Jackson Wyoming, Henry and his (new, that is, new to me; they've been together seven years) wife, Jennifer. We looked at their astrology charts late afternoon and then out to dinner and walked on one of the trails, that, they report, will be all hooked together for 80-miles of trails in the area in a few years!

Hopefully the kitties will be okay with friend Steve who is staying there while I'm gone on this journey that will not see me home until September 29th. After which I turn around in six days and go again, this time to Peru for two weeks. Plus, Aggie next door says she's going to "let them inside" her house if need be, she so much fears they will also leave during my extended absence.

There are between 25 and 30 book events planned—in living rooms, libraries, new age centers, and a few independent bookstores— with more than that many people directly involved in working with me to manifest this dream of traveling around the country with This Vast Being and utilizing it to catalyze a deeper conversation on death, loss, grief and its gifts.

I look to transit Pluto exactly coveirng my natal Sun this year (27° Sagittarius) for the incredibly strong WILL neeed to pull this daunting adventure off.

No comments: