Thursday, August 2, 2007

I spent all of yesterday until the event at the library last night at the yurts, schlepping back and forth to the bathhouse to do my laundry, trying to paint my own toenails only to discover that my hand shakes too much, reading Mary Oliver, doing tai chi and chi kung, taking a nap, and doing astrology for several people on the fly. Really good to not have to go anywhere, do much of anything except re-integrate myself, since the nomadic life tends to disperse me in all directions.

About 25 people gathered at the library conference room, and so we made a big circle of chairs in the big space. I took my clue from two women there who had both played roles with Jeff in community productions, and decided to read from the obituary that I wrote for the Jackson Hole paper published under the astounding title that somebody at the paper chose: "Joel, 55, healed on interdimensional planes."

The obit tells the story of how we met, all the synchronicities involved, how he repulsed me at first, how embarrassed I was to be seen with him, etc. I read it as a comic drama, and people's mouths were hanging open. Lots of laughter and tears. This was a welcome relief for me, since as a double-Sagittarian "cosmic cheerleader" I'm not naturally geared to spend much time in the big G word, GRIEF! As a daughter of a friend of mine said, incredulous: "Ann? Talking to people about grief?"

My dear friend Steve, the bookseller was there, and he held my hand afterwards, tears in his eyes. Says I've changed greatly. That "You're becoming a teacher."

Today: 5 hours to Bozeman, then an event tonight, plus an astrology talk (the only one of the trip) the next morning.

Glorious rain visited the Tetons late yesterday and this morning the air is clear and redolent of my beloved sage.

No comments: